1 day (12-13 h)
|Itinerary: Iasi - Piatra Neamt - Bicaz - Bicaz Gorges - Red Lake - Bicaz Dam - Poiana Largului - Targu Neamt - Iasi|
Highlights: Piatra Neamt Princely Court, Bicaz Gorges, The Red Lake, Bicaz Dam and Lake (Izvorul Muntelui)
Tour description: Looking to spend a day enjoying nature? Then you should try a trip through Neamt County discovering some nature wonders like Bicaz Gorges or The Red Lake.
Before arriving to this unique places, after two hours drive from Iasi, a short break is a good option and the best place to do this is the main city in the area, Piatra Neamt where we suggest to visit it’s old area called The Princely Court. Here you’ll uncover the old church and tower built by Stephen the Great dated back to the end of the 15th century.
Continuing the tour, after an hour drive you’ll discover the first major natural attraction of the trip, a spectacular canyon through the mountains called Bicaz Gorges. Is the place where the water of a small river cut the limestone deposits for millions of years, so that we can enjoy this wonder today.
Close from here, there’s another place where the nature used as its playground, creating The Red Lake by sliding a part of a mountain into a river, around two hundred years ago.
On the way back to Iasi, a long one, the road will take you over the Bicaz Dam and along the Bicaz Lake (Izvorul Muntelui), one of the largest in Romania, which ensures hydroelectricity production.
Leaving the lake behind you’ll pass the mountains and the drive for two hours back to Iasi.
Other tourist attractions available on tour:
- Sturdza Castle @ Miclauseni;
- Ceahlau Mountain view and Bicaz Lake view @ Poiana Largului;
- Bison Reserve @ Vanatori, Neamt County;
- Neamt Monastery;
- "Ion Creanga" Memorial House @ Humulesti;
- "Nicolae Popa" Ethnographic Museum @ Tarpesti;
- Neamt Fortress @ Targu Neamt.
NB: The tour program is informative and it can be adapted according to your requests. The tour rates are informative; the final price will depend on your final requests.
✓ 1 day car rental;
✓ STANDARD Cover insurance (with franchise);
✓ road tax, VAT, winter tires, airport service fee;
✓ 1 additional driver;
✓ guiding package (roadbook, maps/brochures);
✓ 24/7 emergency assistance.
Services not included:
✖ car fuel and parking fees;
✖ tourist sights entry and photo fees;
✖ extra services (EXTRA/SUPER Cover insurance, child seat etc.)
✖ car deposit/franchise, according to selected model.
Rates in EUR/person (starting from)
|Car class / No of persons||1||2||3||4|
|Car class / No of persons||5||6||7||8|
|Minibus (7+1 seats)||20||17||14||13|
Car class models:
• Economy: Ford Fiesta, Skoda Fabia, VW Polo, Mini One, Ford Focus, VW Golf, Honda Civic or similar;
• Standard: Skoda Octavia, VW Passat, Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 508, Opel Grandland, Ford Kuga or similar;
• Premium: Mercedes-Benz A200, BMW X1, Volvo XC 40, Range Rover Evoque, Jaguar XF, Audi Q5 or similar;
• Minibus (7+1 seats): Ford Transit, VW Multivan, Ford Turneo, Mercedes Vito, Mercedes V-Class or similar.
Upgrade your package:
- English speaking chauffeur: 35 EUR/trip
- English speaking driver-guide: 85 EUR/trip
enjoy new destinations!
Wonderful and unforgetable trips in
Romania and Republic of Moldova
Corporate travel and events provided
enjoy our cars!
From nice mini-cars to
remarkable premium cars.
Medical tourism services in Romania.